PHP/JS Web Developer
Central Wimbledon, London
- An exciting opportunity to take the lead responsibility for developing Deskpro's (new) website, members area, billing platform, and tooling such as stats dashboards, logging tools, A/B testing tools, etc.
- You will work at the intersection of the Growth and Technical team, reporting to the CEO & CTO.
Briefly: What is Deskpro?
Deskpro is a multi-channel helpdesk platform that we deploy as a downloadable package and also run as a SaaS service. Deskpro is a big product with a diverse feature set including email and ticketing, real-time chat, publishing tools, voice, and much much more.
Deskpro is used by real customers like Microsoft, P&G, 1&1, Xerox, Panasonic, Valve Software and many more, including many small and medium sized companies too. The products we make actually have an impact on thousands of people. We think that's pretty cool.
You will lead the development of Deskpro's new website and CMS and will maintain and improve as we develop new features and changes.
Deskpro has a number of tools and services used to run the business. These include marketing tools, billing systems, licensing management (for the On-Premise product), logging, stats dashboards, testing tools etc. You will be in charge of these tools, making improvements and developing new ones.
- We are a PHP shop and we want someone with strong experience writing modern PHP with a framework (we ourselves use Symfony).
- Experience developing and successfully deploying websites. Experience with an agency is a positive.
- See yourself as a swiss army knife of web development. You'll be expected to juggle multiple simultaneous projects - and new projects will often require learning a new technology or take you into an unfamiliar domain (e.g. jumping from implementing a marketing tool with analytics dashboards to updating our licensing system).
- Responsibility for Deskpro's core website and linked systems and varied interesting work.
- Competitive salary based upon experience
- Career progression. There is room to grow into many different types of roles, including more engineering roles working on product both backend and frontend, sysops, etc. One example is our "apps" platform where we need help integrating Deskpro's product into many other third-party systems such as Salesforce, JIRA, Shopify, Trello, Hubspot, and many more.
- A mixture of autonomy over your role and real responsibilities to the team and business
- Friendly team and work environment at our offices in Central Wimbledon, London.
- Easy to get to, pubs and restaurants nearby (including team lunches on Friday)
- Unlimited coffee, tea, beer and soda.
- Everyone gets free gym membership.
- We want you to work comfortably and we'll get you a great workstation: Macbook Pro or Linux/Windows equivalent and as many monitors you want, and anything else you might need.